Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ann's Doings

While Bob has been busy with cattle, I have been spending some days working on the addition to our church. Most of what I have done is trim painting -next to doorways, in corners, along the ceiling. The ceiling is a different color in all rooms. For the majority of the rooms the ceiling paint was sprayed on. Yay! We were not happy with some of the color and repainted some walls. The two bathrooms in the manse are also being redone. Last Thursday I went to the manse and did the trim work in one of the bathrooms. I have been wanting to repaint one wall in our main floor guest bedroom but just haven't done anything about it. Well, there was extra paint from painting in the church - one of the colors was just what I had been thinking about; so on Friday I got that wall painted. Bob's wrist has been bothering him for a few weeks; so he has not been able to go help at the church instead our hired man has gone in several days and mostly helped with laying tile on the kitchen floor and an entryway and hallway.

I have also gone with Bob to Hays twice to see the doctor, and we have three more trips for doctor's app'ts. scheduled. I will make a quick visit to the dentist who did the root canal on my front tooth last fall on one of these trips. I have also gone over to Lane Co. with Bob a couple of times. Being a woman, I want to be sure he can still get the calves tagged without any help with a bum arm. He has been doing real well and needs very little help. What else have I been doing? Goofing off some. Reading and doing cross word puzzles and of course have some sewing projects I need to get done - I can think of seven I need to get done. Our women's Bible study at church is Beth Moore's on the Patriarchs. I have enjoyed going to it. Guess that is about all except for my Sunday School class or 3rd-5th graders.

2 comments:

Joann said...

I was in a group that did the Patriarchs a couple of years ago, and it was very good. Beth Moore's creative and entertaining to hear but also has some deep thoughts that she's gleaned from research and study. Hope you enjoy it!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Do you think that book would work in a book club format? As in we read a few chapters and discuss them over coffee? Or is it a more intense study than that?