Well, I will try a quick blog. Bob's wounds are healing, but I am leary about taking out stitches. When we were in the emergency room for Bob to get his head stitched up, the doctor took out the stitches where he had had the cancer spot taken off of his ear. He keeps asking if the stitches can come out of his head wound; so I took one out last night but am not sure I should have.
I have nephew getting married in Manhattan Saturday afternoon the 2nd; so we will miss the last day of the fair and the alumni reunion for Bob. Those of you who are coming on Friday, we will have to see Friday evening. I have misplaced or thrown away the paper on which I wrote down the motel we are staying at Sat. night; so I need to get with it and start hunting or calling to find where we are staying.
I am trying to be busy cleaning house, washing windows and getting things looking good by Saturday afternoon. Our hired man mowed the two south yards and around the other buildings yesterday. (yea!) A missionary couple and their children who have been in Afghanistan for about 3 years and who our church helps support are staying overnight with us on Saturday. We are really looking forward to meeting them and having them come to our church.
All the details of painting the utility room and kitchen are done. Bedrooms get attention next. I also have several bears I need to get made. I have been spending time goofing off and had better get with it.
The orphan kittens are doing well. We gave one to our hired man; so have three. They certainly know what it means when I come out the door with a dish in my hand. The bucket calf is growing but will not drink water on his own - he has to be taken and fed. I am still feeding him milk replacer but that is coming to an end soon. We certainly seem to find things to keep us busy.
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment