Sunday, April 19, 2009

Frog chorus

Hey-for the first time this spring we, too have a frog chorus. Guess it warmed enough today for them to rise to the top. We had 3.20'' over the weekend and 1.20" last weekend. Things will green and grow now. The ranch had 1.90" last weekend and 3.50" this weekend. Roads dryed a lot today but are rough. The wheat will grow fast with the warm weather promised and grass is already greening and growing. We do give thanks for the blessing of the rain. This country depends so much on rainfall , it seems that we are always asking for rain. Calving is slowing as spring progresses and we need to be planning to brand calves and get turned out to grass. Corn planting is right away as well and we have 27 miles of fence to go around and have very little done. Anybody looking for something to do for a few days? We are about ready to sell last years steer calves. They will weigh around 1250#-can you gain nearly 4# a day for a year?
We had a young newly married ( as of today) Mennonite couple ask to rent our south house for awhile. I was'nt excited about having more to do but we agreed to let them move in next week.
We expect to visit Dad in the hospital tomorrow in Garden City and I am sure Ann has plans for at least some shopping while there. I get to go to the dentist Wednesday for a cleaning and checkup but I think I broke a tooth on the atomic fireballs the grandkids were feeding me last weekend. It seems those are hard to find but when I pickup a sack I get to overindulging. Bob

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I am going to tell Luke about your tooth. He has been keeping his eye open for some atomic fireballs around here (I haven't taken him to Orscheln's yet!) He has been hoarding his money again; he was planning to spend it on an ipod but it seems that atomic fireballs are edging the ipod out of first place.