What are you thankful for? Did you get asked that question yearly as a child in Sunday School or Grade school? As adults we often take many things for granted as we learn from experience that probably all things will turn out well. God's Grace, Mercy and Love are things that come to my mind that we take for granted until reminded of them. We know that eternity with Him is available only through His Son. Personal things I am thankful for are our family of course( there you go-you are taken for granted). God in His wisdom brought Ann and I together and we will celebrate our 40th in August. What Goodness! Our parents led us in the correct paths as children and I thank them for that. Our daughters and families are a great blessing and source of enjoyment. How we are thankful to have them nearby. Dad is getting to celebrate his 85th year this year and I am thankful for his wisdom and leadership over the years. God gave me an occupation where I can be outside and witness His Glory in the beatuiful sunrises and sunsets and the greatness of His creation. I need to run and get to our church for the Thanksgiving dinner there. One year ago God laid it on my heart that we as a congregation should do this for those who might otherwise eat this special dinner alone and I am especially thankful for Ann and the others making this happen. Thank You God for all you have done for us!!!Bob
3 comments:
Great thoughts on a wonderful day, Bob!
well said, uncle bob!
I loved reading this post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Incredible words of worship.
Post a Comment